1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Play Store and Gmail don't work LG G4 after 6.0 update

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by zzoo, Mar 17, 2016.

1. zzoo

zzoo Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    Laval
    Hi,

I’ve run into a very frustrating problem that I can’t resolve although I’ve tried some solutions. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Issue: Play Store and Gmail don’t work. When click on Play Store icon, the screen become all white and nothing happens. As for Gmail app, no income or outcome message can be done. Nothing is updated.

Other consideration: They worked very before the OS update. Beside those two important apps, everything else works perfectly.

Possible cause: the Google account is screwed. Any other causes ?

Tried those solutions, but in vein:
    1. Turn off wifi, mobile network. Restart the phone from fresh. Turn on wifi and mobile network.
    2. Remove the Google account. In fact, absolutely nothing happens when I click on “Remove Account”.
    3. Reset to Factory Settings. Similarly to the above, nothing happens when I click on Reset.
    4. Download the app Root Explorer to open the “Hosts” file, but find nothing related to Google to delete.

Possible solutions:
    1. Remove the Google Account. Is there any other alternative than “Remove Account” in Settings ?
    2. Any way to delete (uninstall) Play Store and Gmail, then re-install thos apps ?
    3. What else could I do ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Other note:
    - Phone: LG G4
    - Android version: 6.0
    - Not rooted (hacked)

Advertisement

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Business
    Cochin
    open G+app >menu[three line left top]>tap to remove active account then add account.reboot/restart device
    to update play store try these, connect WIFI go to settings>storage>apps scroll down for google play store tap here and tap on uninstall updates,play store update automatically,let it finished.if this not working
    go to settings>> security >unknown sources next to this check in the box ,return settings >storage>apps> scroll down for play store tap on this and tap to uninstall updates.
    finishing this open chrome browser type in google search box "www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/
    google-play-store/ " hit, see next page latest version of play store[version 6.2.14] tap on this and then tap on
    download button, after downloading allow to install .after finished process go to settings>>>>>>unknown sources ,uncheck in the box.,clear cache in settings>storage>cached data.reboot/restart device

3. Leakite

Leakite Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Blogger
    Nigeria
    Did you perform a factory reset after the upgrade?