except this isn't an update, this is just an install of an app that phone never had on it. spec-wise it should be able to run a social app especially since the CPU is the same as the one in my Preci and the RAM is twice as much as my current phone as well.
I was going to flash CyanogenMod on my Precedent but am wary that if the issue is at Play's end, i'd have problems getting G+ back on it as well. so far that's the only one that will not install.
Side-loading does the same but instead of invalid package i get 'Application Not Installed' after a five minute wait. logcat output the same. i also get the 'Install Failed Dexopt' in Link2SD if i try moving (get this) ONLY Google Apps. irony much?
I've searched it and there are usually two things that are going on, but neither fit me exactly. this is the list of steps that normally fixes it (but doesn't in my case):
1. Clear data/cache in Play and Play Services (no success)
2. Reinstall/update Google Talk (it is working, but won't update to Hangouts)
3. clear cache/wipe dalvik cache (it wiped, rebuilt, same problem though)
4. Uninstall updates to Play Store to restore old Market, and try to install (does that, but before downloading it tries to tell me my phone is out of space, despite having well over 100MB free in the internal storage)
5. Factory reset (saving that one for a last resort, this phone has some data from two years ago i would prefer not to lose and is too large to cloud upload)