1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play Store Hijack

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by n7user, Dec 12, 2013.

1. n7user

n7user Lurker

I recently found that my Nexus 7 automatically launches the Play Store with the focus on either Sex Positions and Sex Chat or Search KIK Friends. Both apps are developed by BlueAppFind. The only thing that preceded this behavior is that I have installed Viber Chat. I have uninstalled Viber but this is still happening.

How can I find out which app is responsible for automatically launching the Play Store at random intervals & how do I stop this from happening?

I would very much appreciate any help.

Regards,
    Stefan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

funkylogik and n7user like this.
  3. n7user

n7user Lurker

I have tried a few of the apps mentioned in the discussion but none of these turned up anything. I also had a suggestion to install AVG antivirus. This found "Viber Chat". I accidentally installed this app thinking it was Viber. Since all these issues started happening I uninstalled anything with "Viber" in it. "Viber Chat" somehow did not show up in my list of installed applications. AVG found it & gave me the option of uninstalling it.

I find it amazing that an app can somehow avoid showing up in the installed apps list & also run in the background without showing up on the list of currently running processes. Very annoying.

Regards,
    Stefan

El Presidente and funkylogik like this.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Glad you found the culprit.

Did you report the Viber Chat app to google?

5. n7user

n7user Lurker

I still have to do this except when I looked for "Viber Chat" I cannot find it. I think the app I installed was "Viber Friends" and I do not want to leave bad feedback for the wrong app.

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

You should be able to see what application it was on the Play Store under My Apps > All, it will show the latest ones you downloaded.