• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help play store keeps wanting to give me adtube

codezer0

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2013
Arizona
So, i completely forgot about this because it had been a hot while since i last had a rooted phone. But yeah, in short the root method of installing vanced means it replaces stock/factory YouTube. Which is fine and all, until play store wants to whine and insist there's an update. Acting like stock YouTube is even remotely tolerable to use anymore.

Problem is i never figured out how to "detach" YouTube from the play store so thst i can keep using the new vanced manager to update it when they're ready. And play store keeps trying to sneak me into accepting their awful version.

I tried Vanced, and did not like it much at all.

Can't download if you are signed in, can't see your subscriptions if you are not signed in-
poooooooooop.
Just too much like Google.
Not to mention you need Micro G, and have to deal with that as well.
more pooooooooooop.

I just use NewPipe and have none of the issues, and can view my subscriptions and download at will.
And I never sign in or out at all.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones