1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Play Store not working on Lenovo K3 Note (Gearbest)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ZivojinMMladenovic, May 25, 2016.

1. ZivojinMMladenovic

None

May 25, 2016
    I bought the phone off of Gearbest. Turns out they put their own ROM on top of Lenovo's.

When I was prompted to "update the software", I accepted, not knowing it plans to topple Gearbest's ROM. It appears it didn't do it well, and f*cked up the compatibility (suggested by a friend), so I keep getting "Google Play stopped working".

I snooped around the internet for a solution to Play Store not working (delete data, cache, restore to factory settings etc), and none of which worked. I even tried to uninstall all Play updates, but the phone uninstalled Play as a whole.

I reinstalled multiple times via multiple APKs and versions, and none of which allowed me to open Play Store. It would crash upon opening.

Heard from a friend that if I flash a new ROM (like he did with his K3 Note), it'd be fine. Tried that. Couldn't flash it "because phone wasn't rooted" (Friend says GearBest phones come prerooted, so that's contradictory).

So I tried to root it. iRoot and RootKing both on PC and Android. Nope. Tried to follow through a manual guide, but it's filled with grammar errors and such, up to the point of it being not understandable.
    Tried to download a workaround (MicroG), to avoid the use of Play Store. Couldn't install it either... Many apps seek the use of Play Store, so my phone is barely usable.

Please help, I waited for the phone 50 days, only for this to happen.

P.S. Not as important: How do I remove all of the Chinese that's left partially untranslated, and even possibly put my native language, instead of English?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I think you got a device that was originally intended for sale in China. Sounds like the vendor has managed to screw it up as well, by unsuccessfully trying to make it work with Google. Best bet would be to return it as defective or unsatisfactory for a refund, that's it. With the ROM it's got, the only supported languages are Chinese and English, as we don't usually need anything else here. And the manual is Chinglish.

#2 mikedt, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    lunatic59 likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I'm going to have to agree with Mike on this. It's a shame you had to wait so long, but without the manufacturer support, you risk completely bricking it and then you'd have nothing.

mikedt likes this.