1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play Store PIN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsmith218, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

Sorry if this isn't in the right section. My question is why won't the play store ask for my PIN? I have it set up but I never need to enter it. Does it only ask for a PIN for apps that cost money and not free apps?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I would imagine the pin protects against purchases, and not downloading free apps

3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

in settings after you setup your pin an option appears (maybe it was there all along?) to use pin for purchases. this needs to be checked to use your pin :) but im not sure if its to prevent just payed apps or all apps from download without it :thinking:

4. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

I do have that box checked, it would be nice to be able to enable a pin for free apps so kids can't download anything they want.

5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

have you searched for some sort of app locking app? not really sure whats out there but i would imagine that theres an app somewhere to password protect other apps.... i might have to do some googling tonight -- i will report back with what i find (if anything)

EDIT: if you search the play store for "app protector" there are alot of free and payed apps that will help you lock down the play store. the first app looks promising (smart app protector(app lock))

6. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

I didn't realize there were apps for that purpose, thanks for the tip.

7. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

thanks, I will check that one out and let you know what happens

8. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

I installed that app, looks useful but the play store is not on the list of protected apps.

9. jsmith218

jsmith218 Newbie

Scratch that, I figured it out. You enter a password to open the app, not a time of download.

10. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

hmm... it was in the screenshot :) maybe play around in the settings a bit im downloading it now so i can help a little better. you installed smart app protector(app lock) right?

EDIT: lol glad you could figure it out :) uninstalling the app now :)

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews