1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play store problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrPinapplez, Mar 14, 2016.

1. DrPinapplez

DrPinapplez Lurker

Ok so I have a rooted alcatel one touch fierce 2 7040n stock rom running kitkat 4.4.2
    The problem started when trying to install the modded google play store. The phone rebooted and said I had insufficient space. My play store was gone. I installed it from a update and moved it to the system and did the whole cache and data clear. The problem is that it opens and works but when I click to download or update apps and it'll load for like 1 second and then force quit. I even factory restored my phone 2 times but the problem still persists. Please help guys thanx in advance :)

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by Brian706, Mar 18, 2016 (1 points)
  3. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Is there stock images you can flash or can you flash a stock rom? Did you make a Nandroid backup of your device before messing around with things, or at least at some point ever? If you have a backup, you can restore that.

A factory reset won't undo any changes you've made to the /system partition, it will only erase user data. You will need to flash a system.img to restore that. That can be accomplished with factory images or by flashing a rom.

tube517 and electricpete like this.
  4. DrPinapplez

DrPinapplez Lurker

No I dont have a backup but do u know where I can find the stuff u mentioned above? Thanks btw :)

5. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I went ahead and moved your thread into the root section for your device. I don't have any personal experience with this device so I don't have any idea which files you would need.

Hopefully the good folks in the section can get you sorted out!

DrPinapplez likes this.
  6. DrPinapplez

DrPinapplez Lurker

7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I want you to know I've been looking around and haven't found anything promising. This seems to be a pretty unsupported device. I can't even find support for it on the Alcatel website. I haven't been able to find any factory images or roms for this device yet.

DrPinapplez and Mikestony like this.
  8. DrPinapplez

DrPinapplez Lurker

Thank u ive been looking around aswell and it seems that my phone is one of those more unused phones. :D

9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

DrPinapplez and KOLIO like this.
  10. DrPinapplez

DrPinapplez Lurker

Dude omg it wrks now I had to move it to system with LP and reboot and now it works thanks so much! :) :D

Brian706 likes this.
  11. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Awesome!! I'm glad that worked because I didn't have any other ideas! Woooo!

DrPinapplez likes this.

Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2 Forum

The Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2 release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 2000mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews