• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store thinks an App is already loaded so will not download the App.

Lundavra

Lurker
Nov 2, 2016
I have had several Android phones etc over the years, all using Play Store for loading Apps. But I regularly find that Play Store seems to have difficulty distinguishing between different devices. So I will want to load an App into a new device but Play Store thinks it is already loaded because it is loaded into a completely different device.

I sometimes sorts itself out but there must be a way to do it?

MB

I'll confess that I've never encountered this, even when having 3 current android devices using the Play Store. So unfortunately I've not had to locate a solution.

(Trial-and-error is all I can think of, but the problem will be at Google's end, not in your phone. So it's quite likely that things like "uninstall it from the other device" may not help. Are these apps you have previously installed on that phone?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had several Android phones etc over the years, all using Play Store for loading Apps. But I regularly find that Play Store seems to have difficulty distinguishing between different devices. So I will want to load an App into a new device but Play Store thinks it is already loaded because it is loaded into a completely different device.

I sometimes sorts itself out but there must be a way to do it?

MB

Suggest you remove the devices you no longer have, or are no longer using from your Google Play Account. That's what I do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones