1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play Store unable to update or download apps

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by rendt, Mar 15, 2018.

1. rendt

rendt Lurker

I have unsuccessfully searched for solutions to all updates and installation being stuck on ''downloading'.
    I have tried, in various combinations,
    . Clearing data
    . Stopping, and even disabling Google Play
    . resetting app prefs
    . Restarting afterwards
    I run Nougat on a Huawei Honor 6 with a fresh install 2 months old, that had been running trouble free .
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Is this a problem while connected to just WiFi or to just mobile data, or it doesn't matter as it's happening using both?

Since this wasn't an issue until recently, can you recall if anything happened around the same time you started having a problem, like a system update or some app you installed?
    Try booting your phone up into its Safe Mode and see if it's still having this same Play Store issue while running in Safe Mode:
    http://howtosafemode.com/2514/how-to-turn-on-safe-mode-on-huawei-honor-6

Daniel Fernandes likes this.
  3. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Try uninstalling the playstore updates, then clearing playstore data and cache, and then rebooting.

Let us know what happens...

BustaLime, tube517 and PitCarver like this.
  4. rendt

rendt Lurker

TheyT was no change I could associate with this problem. Yes, it occurs in all download modes.
    I am unable to enter safe mode with the instructions, even though they are for my model phone and no root or other system level change. But that would be useful. Any other ways to enter safe mode?

5. rendt

rendt Lurker

Same problem, except now all Google apps are not able to run without reinstalling play services, which is hanging.

6. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Uninstall the playstore app ***UPDATES*** only, not the app itself.

Then the next time you run the app it will update on its own and hopefully the problem disappears.

Let us know what happens...

7. rendt

rendt Lurker

Sure, thats wht I did. And yes it tries to update and hangs. Every Google app, bar Chrome, and some others as well, now refuses to launch without insisting the updates need to be installed.
    If there is no solution I will just have to find a quiet day and reset the phone.