1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play streaming video using video player instead of browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ramishka, May 20, 2011.

1. ramishka

ramishka Lurker

Hi,
    I browse DailyMotion from my Galaxy S a lot using the stock Android browser (i'm using the desktop version of the site, rather than the mobile version). Whenever I try to play a video from DM, the browser would prompt me and give a choice between playing the video in the browser itself or playing it using the built in Video Player application. I always choose the latter option since it has less lag and better seek control.

However since yesterday the browser no longer gives this prompt to choose preferred player. It would always load the video within the browser which is sort of annoying. Do you know of a way to force the streaming video to be played using video player app instead of within the browser itself?

So far I have tried the following with no success:

- Rebooted
    - Checked and cleared default associations
    - Cleared data on Internet app
    - Cleared cache, history,etc and even reset internet settings to defaults

The only change I remember doing prior to this issue was upgrading Flash player from 10.3 to 10.3.185.22. I tried rolling back to 10.1 and results were still the same. Any help is appreciated. I'm running stock Froyo 2.2.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I still get this prompt when trying to play YouTube videos. I get to choose between browser and YouTube app.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews