• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play X2 through usb Tahoe radio

drumz311

Lurker
Apr 2, 2010
I have a new 2011 Chevy Tahoe and I want to be able to control my phone (Droid X2) with my stereo/steering wheel. I have hooked up my iPod through the USB port in the car and it works fine but I would rather use my X2. I tried connecting the phone with the usb/charging cable the other night and the car radio says "unrecognizable device" after trying all of the different connection modes like: pc mode, usb mass storage, etc. Does anyone know of a fix for this or know what I am doing wrong? I think the car radio might need a firmware update but I would not know how to get one. If anyone has any tips on this that would be great!

I have a new 2011 Chevy Tahoe and I want to be able to control my phone (Droid X2) with my stereo/steering wheel. I have hooked up my iPod through the USB port in the car and it works fine but I would rather use my X2. I tried connecting the phone with the usb/charging cable the other night and the car radio says "unrecognizable device" after trying all of the different connection modes like: pc mode, usb mass storage, etc. Does anyone know of a fix for this or know what I am doing wrong? I think the car radio might need a firmware update but I would not know how to get one. If anyone has any tips on this that would be great!

Ok, I read through the manual for that radio. It looks like there's really nothing you can do. It says that you might be able to control a USB storage device. So I would think that you'd have to be in mass storage mode to have a shot of working. But the fact that 2 USB drives pop up when you do such might screw it up. Perhaps if you didn't use an external sdcard in your phone, but that would rather limit your phone outside of the car. It doesn't look like there's much you can do. There may be an app out there somewhere that has some sort of effect on USB usage, but I don't know of one. It looks like you'll either have to use your iPod, a USB thumbdrive, or hook your phone up with the input jack instead of the USB.

Reactions: drumz311
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones