1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Player Pro and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lotus49, May 30, 2013.

1. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    When I use the stock Samsung Music player connected to my car stereo over bluetooth the song titles are shown on the stereo display (it's a JVC KD-K50BT but I doubt that is relevant) but when I use Player Pro they do not.

Does anyone know why?

Advertisement

2. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I have no idea, but the same thing occurs with my S2. When I get my new phone on Saturday (probably an S4, but not completely sure yet), I'm going to see what the Google Play Music app does.

3. lotus49

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I used to have an S2 and the same thing happened.

I'm not particularly bothered about which music app I use but I want one with a widget that can have a transparent background as the plain black background on the stock player looks a bit naff. If I could work out how to make the stock music widget background transparent, I'd be happy with that.

4. lotus49

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    Just in case anyone else comes along and finds this with a search engine, thanks to Android Forums - View Profile: iostream212 I have configured PlayerPro to send the track information over Bluetooth.

PlayerPro -> Settings -> Media library -> AVRCP support On (ie ticked)

Now PlayerPro works over Bluetooth just as well as the stock player and it's better and has a prettier widget. Jolly super.

5. spin360

spin360 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    I use the free version of Rocket Player and it works great with my BT and headset.