1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PlayerPro

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by PTNLemay, Sep 5, 2011.

1. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    I've noticed a lot of odd little bugs with this app, and I would like to know if they are common things or if they are more likely caused by my own device (an HTC Wildfire S).

The lock screen widgets seem to be the most troublesome out of everything. I can set a 4x2 or 4x4 widget onto the lock screen. I can even customize how I unlock said screen. What's happening though is that, if I attempt to bring up the lock screen (for example my phone is locked and I wake it up), over half of the time it will bring up the old normal lock-screen. One time it even brought up the widget-less home screen with a background I had been using weeks ago...

When I can finally bring up the widget one if I go to unlock it, sometimes, instead of bringing me to my home screen, he'll bring me to the widget-less lock screen. So I slide the bar to unlock, and I'm brought to a second lock screen.

And sometimes it doesn't even do that, when I set it to use the "back" button to unlock, sometimes the entire devices freezes trying to "resume PlayerPro" for several minutes. I relock the device with the top button, wait a bit, and try and unlock it again. Sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times before he snaps out of it. Please, tell me this is just me. I really hope all of Android isn't like this. This is my first device and I don't want to go running back to iOS so soon.

Also:
    Back on my iPod Touch I used this headset with 3 buttons on it. A volume rocker with 2 buttons, and a kind of "master switch" in the middle. The middle button could play/pause with a single click, next song with a double click, fast-forward with a double click and hold, previous song with a triple click, and rewind with a triple click and hold. It can also silence alarms and answer or end phone conversations (if one uses it on a phone).

For some reason, some of those features seem disabled on my Android. The volume buttons (on the headset) are disabled as well as the fastforward and rewind commands. Is this just on the Wildfire, or are all Android devices subject to this handicap?

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Regarding the Play/Pause and volume on a headset, this is probably just the wildfire as my Nexus One can do that. However my N1 came with headphones, so it may be very hardware dependent, not sure.

I wouldnt go back to iOS but the Wildfire isnt really on par with a iphone like some high end Android devices are -- so I can understand your frustration there. But it's very much a matter of preference :)

As for Player Pro, I'm not sure (havent used it), But I'm gonna move this thread to our media forum and I'm pretty sure some people there would know :)