• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing Amazon Song previews

On an OV? How?

Rooted and rommed, I have Flash 11.0 on my OpV.

screenshot-1322341058862.png

Reactions: tcat007
Upvote 0
Doesn't work in Skyfire. I did download Flash 11.0 and it installed on my OV (rooted, no custom ROM). The music files still don't play, they just auto download as .m3u files (that don't play when clicked either).

What's nice is Youtube videos that always said I need flash, now play perfectly! So thanks for letting me know it works!

edit: only works if browser is in "android" ua. Running in desktop or firefox mode says I need flash 8.0 or higher...

Try skyfire its a good browser it truns things that are flash to play or someting like that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
they just auto download as .m3u files (that don't play when clicked either).

m3u files are files that store music play lists. Sounds kind of funky that it would download in that format.

I show the same exact version number but only 4.6mb... what's up with that?

Did you move yours to the SD card? I've not tried with mine, but I think that could be a reason why the file size would appear to be different. Not sure though.... someone with more knowledge will holler and let us know.

Upvote 0
Link2SD... not sure what file size actually shows up in settings. I "thought" the whole app moved to my 2nd SD partition, and the settings showed the whole file size. I may be wrong (obviously by your file size).

Just curious if anyone can play a song sample directly from an Amazon album page (not using the Amazon mp3 app).

Can wait for my Galaxy 5.0 Player to get here, I'm sure that will be able to do it (and hopefully sound a lot better too!).

Upvote 0
Lemme give it a whirl tcat. Will edit this post and let you know what happens.

Edit: Same results as you, tcat. And I use the Opera browser. I took a look at the requirements needed to use the music sampler and it says you need Windows or Macintosh with Flash. Why would they not make their entire site W3C compliant and compatible with all devices is beyond me. Especially since they have an entire area devoted and Android.

Also, I went ahead and moved my Flash to the SD card. It now says:

screenshot-1322365481815.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones