• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playing music....and other dumb questions

I apologize in advance for what is probably a dumb question, but the Triumph is my first Android phone so...

I bought a 16 gig SD card and copied music from my laptop onto the card and then put the card into my phone. My phone has a 'play music' bar at the top of a screen (I don't think I put it there). It plays my music but I can't figure out how to turn the darn thing off. Lol

Also, should I download an app that will let me organize the music into folders or something so I can choose what's being played? As it is, when I use the music bar thingy, I have to keep hitting the play button to advance/change what is being played.

I hope this question makes sense. :thinking:

I also can not figure out how to pull up my own music so that I can assign ringtones to various people of my own music.

Never a dumb question:D

I bought a 16 gig SD card and copied music from my laptop onto the card and then put the card into my phone. My phone has a 'play music' bar at the top of a screen (I don't think I put it there). It plays my music but I can't figure out how to turn the darn thing off.

Open the music app and go to settings..should be a check box to turn off the music notification in the toolbar.

Also, should I download an app that will let me organize the music into folders or something so I can choose what's being played? As it is, when I use the music bar thingy, I have to keep hitting the play button to advance/change what is being played.
You can organize and add folders on your sd card via your computer or with a file "manager" app that is in your app drawer.

I also can not figure out how to pull up my own music so that I can assign ringtones to various people of my own music.
Go into your contacts and for each person you can assign the ringtone of your choice.

Hope this helps:)

Upvote 0
you should probably read your instruction manual....

it details the very basic functions of android, the operating system, like how to launch and find apps, change settings, and where to find settings.

think about when you first start using a PC. either windows or mac, whatever, you didnt know how it worked and had to learn that on windows, the start button is a good thing and the little x can close windows.

its these little tiny basic functions that you seem to not know how to do.

they include an instruction manual with each and every phone just for very special people like you :D

Reactions: DeniseG53
Upvote 0
Okay, I've made some progress since I started this thread. Lol! At least, I think I have. :p I read the manual but some of my questions aren't answered there.

Question: Most of the time I can open a text from my daughter and immediately see a photo she has sent to me from her iPhone. But sometimes there is a 'download' button where the photo should be. I click on it but it won't let me download the photo. I am not sure why this happens some of the time, and why it doesn't happen most of the time. Is the problem on my end or on her end?

Upvote 0
Okay, I've made some progress since I started this thread. Lol! At least, I think I have. :p I read the manual but some of my questions aren't answered there.

Question: Most of the time I can open a text from my daughter and immediately see a photo she has sent to me from her iPhone. But sometimes there is a 'download' button where the photo should be. I click on it but it won't let me download the photo. I am not sure why this happens some of the time, and why it doesn't happen most of the time. Is the problem on my end or on her end?

You need 3G on to get the picture messages (or any multimedia message).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones