1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Playing music through USB in Car

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Riggss, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Riggss

Riggss Lurker

I just got a new car today but I'm unable to play music with the S3 through the USB port in the car. I am able to play with my wife's HTC Incredible S (not jelly bean). My S3 is 4.1.1 not rooted

Is there anything I can do or an adapter I can buy?

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

umm i think that the S3 connects as a media device in the MTP protocal and the Incredible S is capible of USB Mass storage. this is why you cant connect your S3 to your car because you cant enable USB mass storage. any one else care to elaborate?

3. Masoom25

Masoom25 Newbie

Y not buy a usb stick for your car?y make things difficult?

4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I see what he's saying. Its the same reason I use to keep music on my PSP. I always had my PSP on me why carry another thing that I could loose. Then I could take my music with me when I get out of my car. The lack of USB mass storage on new devices is frustrating to say the least

5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

6. Riggss

Riggss Lurker

7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

you need busybox :(

8. fonzarelli

fonzarelli Lurker

I had the same problem with my car deck not playing music from my S3 but after alot of trial and error i realized the car deck was only looking at the root of the external sd card in the S3. Once i placed the music there the music played fine.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews