1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Playing music while using Navigon (GPS navigation)

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by ryoanji, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ryoanji

ryoanji Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    I am using Navigon program as my in-car navigation system. I plug phone audio out into AUX input in the car. Previously I have been using it on iphone and the program uses a nice media player (internal to iOS I guess) *inside* the program. So, when there is an announcement coming from GPS software it mutes the music player, which is very nice.

Now, I have moved to Android and keep using Navigon. The problem is that there is no internal player options. So when I am playing music while using driving with Navigon, two channels: audio from Navigon and music get simply mixed, and it is nearly impossible to understand the gps directions.

I was wondering what knowledgeable folks here would recommend to solve this problem? For instance, is there any way to set audio levels separately for the stream coming out from Navigon and from music player.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    What kind of phone do you have and is Navigon a 3rd party app from the android market? I use two navigation apps, Google Nav. and CoPilot Live USA. Anytime I'm listening to music, while using turn by turn, the music is muted, so I can hear the next directions. This works either using Pandora or PowerAMP Pro for my music.

As far as changing the audio levels for music and Navigation, I use an app called "Volume Control". You can set up to 3 profiles and save the setttings in each one.

3. sunshine72605

sunshine72605 Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    own/manage a powerssport store & full time mom
    somewhere in new jersey
    Hi guys
    I'm new here and I have a question? I have a samsung android, and I really want to use my phone to play music in my Lexus instead of my i touch. I have talked to tech support at verizon and there just idiots.. What do i do to start? I down loaded a app from the market called Mp3 Music. I guess it's ok, but i was looking for something i can load songs right into my phone. Also is there a back up for this or will I lose all my music if something happens to the phone. One thing I dislike about android no back up nothing like Iphone or blackberry. Well I'm babbling now typical grl... So any suggestions would be great thanks...

4. ryoanji

ryoanji Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011

Thanks a lot! Navigon is a 3rd party app, just like Copilot. For some unexplicable reason they route their audio stream out via media channel that any android audio player uses as well. Hence, my predicament because Navigon neither pauses nor fades the music when announcing voice turn-by-turn directions. I have sent an e-mail to their technical support, we will see if they fix that.

My temporary solution was to download a player with equalizer support and manual do a flat down in EQ. So, now Navigon stream is louder. Once again, thanks a lot!

5. primo7

primo7 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2013
    Hi ryoanji,
    Did you solve this problem? In my car I have carpc with software Centrafuse. Centrafuse have handsfree phone option when I make the call or recive the call the music mute
    and when I use integrate navigation (Garmin) that when spoken instructions the music mute. It would be great if it would be possible in Android phones and tablets.
    Greetings from Slovenia