• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing Music Without Tags

Hotwir3

Feb 13, 2011
Hey everyone,

just got a DX yesterday and lovin it!!

I just put a bunch of music into my Droid. The problem is that my music is poorly labeled/tagged, BUT I do have it organized properly based on the Folders that the music is sitting in. Now, as far as I can tell, the "Music" app that came with the phone will only list the music based on the tags, along with the Winamp app I tried to download.

If I go to "Files", I can see my Music folder, open it up, and there are all my folders for my music. Basically, is there an app that displays music files based on the folders they are in? Bonus points if it can shuffle within the folder or all of the music on the device.

If there isn't an app, is there a way I can put the music folder on my home screen?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones