• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing streaming audio links on web

Hi,

Might be a daft question but is there any app I could download that will assist me with this. On my onld phone (Windows Mobile based) I could listen to certain sports commentaries via the internet stream. (I think they are .wma files). Is there any app that will allow me to play these or is it beyond android to play windows media format at the moment. for information the Hero tries to play but returns a ' content not supported' type error

Hi there,

You could give LukLuk a go. They support WMA but are still in Beta so don't expect it to be bug free. Personally I use AOR (Android online radio or A Online Radio) which is great but I'm not sure if they support WMA, you could give it a go.

:EDIT: Forget LukLuk. I just installed it to give it a go. It doesn't allow you to specify a stream, only to search your SD card for media or use their own streams.

Take a look at this thread for some solutions.

Reactions: cdms811
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones