1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Playing video shot from iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Donatron, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    My wife sent me a video that was shot from her iPhone 3GS. The file extension is .mov, and according to AT&T, the Captivate can play .mov files (Answer Center | AT&T).

The file plays fine on my computer (Quicktime), but it won't play on my Captivate. It doesn't show up at all in 'Video Player', and when I try to open it from 'My Files', it says "No applications can perform this action."

Advertisement

2. scorpiodsu

scorpiodsu Active Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I believe video files from the iPhone have to be converted to play on our device. Unless someone knows of an app or something I believe this is true. When I got mine and synced it with my iTune library, none of the vids would sync because of the file format. I converted them to avi files and was good to go.

3. beertha

beertha Active Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Should be able to play .mov but have you tried renaming the file .mp4? I know it doesnt sound like a good solution but Ive renamed .mov files to .mp4 for my Samsung Tv to play them. Give it a shot.

4. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    That almost worked. I was able to play the video, but there was no audio. I guess I'll need to convert it. You guys know of any good, free converters?