1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support playlists folder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thepervster, Mar 25, 2011.

1. thepervster

thepervster Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    i have been searching on this for a while but can't find anything useful, is there any way to create a music folder on your sd card that has playlists in it that winamp or other music players will be able to find and realize they are playlists?

for example if i created a folder inside my media folder called music then inside it i wanted a playlist called country another playlist called rock and one called pop i could have my songs in them and the music players would recognize them as my playlists, ----as it is now i have to go into lets say winamp then scroll thru my songs long press and add them to the playlists that i created (rock,country,pop) in each music player, but if i update, hard reset or change music players i lose all my playlists because they are only saved to the music player app, and i would like my playlists saved so i can use them on different players without having to manually do it all the time.,

this wouldn't be such a big deal but i have very big playlists 700-1000 songs on each playlist. i drive a semi truck and listen to my music alot.
    i know you guys are good here and i am probably overlooking something simple. thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Crossville, TN
    That would be awesome. I've been having to add songs to playlists via whatever music app I'm using. The froyo music app allows you to create a playlist, then go to your songs list and select as many as you want to add to the playlist. Can't complain, but it would be nice to do it the way you describe and have any music app detect the playlists automatically.