1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General PlaysForSure videos on Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChiefIlliniwek5, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ChiefIlliniwek5

ChiefIlliniwek5 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    I bought a Blu-ray copy of the new X-men movie and I had known ahead of time that this was supposed to be the first movie which was released that was capable of having a DRM-protected digital copy transferred to your android phone. According to the news stories on this when it was announced in the summer, they said you would just need to plug your phone into your PC and transfer it from the digital copy disc that comes included. Well after I bought the Blu-ray I saw that there was a COMPLETELY different process in which you have to go thru the PocketBlu app while paired with a Blu-ray player in order to transfer the digital copy. Using PocketBlu doesn' seem to be a big deal, but I also read online that some people have gotten PlaysForSure files (protected WMV) to play on their Android phones by using the "Microsoft Media Sync" tool that works when you plug in your phone to your PC. I tried that with the Bionic but Windows Media Player said that my device (bionic) was not capable of playing protected videos. So, my question then is, has anyone found a way to get PlaysForSure videos to work on Android phones?...especially the Bionic?

Advertisement