• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playstation phone is real!

I dunno...I'm not all that impressed. Unless they sell the games for cheap (no more than 10 bucks) than its not going to be much different than a typical android phone. I don't think the world is ready for games this big being digital download. The psp go was a fail and somehow I have a feeling this will be too. As a phone...it will do well but as a gaming phone...meh its a little too soon.

Upvote 0
The thing that Sony has to figure out is what they're going to do for games. If they're planning to do a PSP Go type of thing... then well... it will definitely not do as well. I'm not sold on the design and materials (as it appears). It looks to be a lot of plastic and cheap chrome. Chrome just doesn't work on phones anymore, especially on the outer edges.

Upvote 0
The thing that Sony has to figure out is what they're going to do for games. If they're planning to do a PSP Go type of thing... then well... it will definitely not do as well.

agreed, it would be a pain in the ass if i couldn't use all my current UMDs. It will probably be like psp go though, because i don't think there will be even close to enough room for a UMD drive. I think sony needs to come out with a way to save UMDs to your memory stick or something. Only problem would be you could just save it and then sell the UMD :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones