• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pleas help, i have no clue how to update

cmoney12051

Feb 22, 2010
ok, first off im sorry if this has already been covered and i missed it, i only did a quick skim because i am impatient. now on to my problem, i just got a used g1 from a friend, and i followed this guide http://androidforums.com/support/6564-activate-stock-g1-over-wifi.html to activate it. now it is on version 1.0 and i want to know how to get it to the most current. i believe right now in version 1.0 it is still rooted. i would like to know the best, simplest, and easiest way to update it, if that is possible. i have been using it with a tmobile prepaid, tht is why i needed to activate it over wifi. so if someone could please help, and let me know if i will need to activate it again when i update it, and if i can do it over wifi. thanks very much and sorry for my laziness. also please forgive me if this is the wrong forum. thanks

I'm not 100% sure on this one but I believe you should keep it connected to your wifi and eventually it will update itself when it acknowledges an update is available.

However, if it has a custom ROM on it you may need to manually update your phone by flashing a new ROM. I'm not into all the Rooting stuff etc but hopefully someone can lead you in the right direction. If not head over to XDA (an development forum) and check out "cyanogen" & his custom ROM's.

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones