1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please advise newbie on which forum(s) to post

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ojos, Jan 18, 2018.

1. ojos

ojos Newbie

Hello I'm a newbie here and I've been using Android for a number of years. This means I have a number of different Android devices using different Android versions. I've registered here because because I have a few problems / queries about the system. There are so many forums here and my question is "Where do I post my different queries?". Because I have number of different devices, some problems are only applicable to one or more device. For example, I have several Android 6 devices and on one of them I have an Android 6 related question: Do I post it on a forum specific to that device alone or a more general Android 6 forum. I'm not at all sure if my problem only applies to that make and model or is more general. Should I therefore post in a more general forum rather than device specific?

I'm also looking for an email client, but have a very specific requirement for a necessary feature for that client. My mandatory requirement is that, when composing an email, I want to be able to set a different From: email address for each email I send. I use different email addresses simply because to avoid spam problems. There is such a huge selection of email clients in the Play Store but none of the few I've tried so far has my required facility. They all seem to be limited to a single From address per email account. Which forum would I post to ask the community if they know of an email client that has the one essential feature I need?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forum :)

If the question concerns a particular device then the best is to post in that devices's forum. If it concerns a particular Android version but as far as you know is not device-specific then this forum (Android Lounge) is as good a place as any. If in doubt I'd post it in a more general area. If they think it would be better served in a more specific area the moderators can move it (they're a pretty friendly bunch).

I'm afraid that I don't have a suggestion for your particular email client request - sorry.

olbriar likes this.