• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please anyone reply me

dongol

Lurker
Sep 16, 2011
Hi guys i am Mahmoud from Egypt i bought acer liquid 1.6 donut andriod and i want to install apps and i dont have market or any manager can anyone help me and tell me any way to get any manager so i can install apps also i try to connect with market using Gmail and it tells me that no device is connected :( please reply me ASAP thanks

If you want to have Google Market on it, I suggest you install a custom ROM that have market bundled into it, otherwise, you can try to find and download gapps.zip package and install the whole lot into your phone.

Or else, install SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace or http://soc.io/ or amazon (US only) market or visit Getjar using browser........there are many more markets than Google's

I have a list here: Android history, applications/games, hardware, app stores, review and news and more | Portable Electronics Ltd

Upvote 0
I would suspect that that Gmail account is somehow dodgy, possibly associated with the IP address it's coming from, flagged by the Google database when you try to get to the Market.

A.k.a. it's labeled 'hot' –> 'lockout'.

Of course Android 1.6 is pre-2008...
But a simple search did come up with references to it being able to access the Market.

If you must run that phone, complete with Market of course, I think I would try the new ROM route like gen-e suggested, with a new, clean Gmail account (set up from a clean IP address).

But TBH I don't think it's worth the effort. I would ditch it and get a phone from a legal source that runs 2.0 or later.

Upvote 0
^^^The phone doesn't have to be illegal just because it can't access the market. ;)

If the phone is that old, it would have been manufactured before the market was allowed in Egypt and other Middle Eastern Countries (that only happened circa Q1 this year I believe) meaning the market app probably wasn't installed on the phone at the time of purchase.

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0
^^^The phone doesn't have to be illegal just because it can't access the market. ;)

Nobody said it was either way. But I wouldn't bet my mum on it.

If the phone is that old, it would have been manufactured before the market was allowed in Egypt and other Middle Eastern Countries (that only happened circa Q1 this year I believe) meaning the market app probably wasn't installed on the phone at the time of purchase.

From references I found it was indicated that the Market does run on 1.6.
But even if it did (and sofar it doesn't on Mahmoud's phone!) I wouldn't want to run an Android mammoth on my phone! It went extinct for a reason, you know.

Upvote 0
Nobody said it was either way. But I wouldn't bet my mum on it.

You said he should get a phone from a legal source, implying this one was illegal. Why mention the legalities of where you buy the handset from if you don't have suspicions? :p

From references I found it was indicated that the Market does run on 1.6.

The market does run on 1.6 (I never said it didn't), but if that phone was shipped to Egypt (whilst the market was banned), it wouldn't have the market installed, regardless of which version of Android it had on it.

But even if it did (and sofar it doesn't on Mahmoud's phone!) I wouldn't want to run an Android mammoth on my phone!

Me neither, but his options might be limited.

Anyway, I think we've both got our wires crossed :)

Back to the issue. Dongol, as has been suggested, is a custom ROM an option?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones