• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please be specific when asking for help!

Lately there have been a few people asking for help and I'm not going to point anyone out this is for everyone... If you want help with something there are lots of us here to help... Just try to be as specific as possible... It doesn't matter if you don't know everything, but if you know what rom you have, recovery, apps, mods, etc. All of that will help. Also if something is acting tell how long it has and its exact symptoms, have you messed with any settings, installed any apps that change settings, etc. I didn't make this post to put anyone down, but to help you get help faster and easier! :D If anyone wants to add something or is against this let me know... I hope noone gets offended by this.

I can't say you are necessarily wrong. BUT...We can always ask for that info if it isn't included. :D

I don't think your post comes across as putting anyone down :cool:. I understand what you are saying. There can be a lot of confusion (especially when someone with a different device posts here and it isn't clear :thinking:), but there isn't any required way to ask for help. Your suggestions make a lot of sense and will be very helpful if people follow them, it just isn't required. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones