1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

PLEASE....big time help needed ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sghere, Mar 31, 2010.

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Network Engineer
    IL
    First off...NEVER NEVER NEVER screw around with your phone the night before surgery! /ugh

OK....Here's what I did...and I have NO idea how to get it Root back.

I followed the directions found here Back to stock the easy way

I downloaded the nandroid backup they suggested, (made a backup of my phone!!!) and did the recovery selecting their nandroid image.

In the directions they stated to check Misc and Recovery, however I wasn't sure if they meant to check JUST misc and recovery or add them....so I just selected them and blanked everything else out.

I now have a non-rooted phone...that all the apps crash. I ended up doing the format/recovery, but still shows I'm running Bugless Beast v.09 but non rooted and I have no CLUE how to get the phone rooted again.

I have downloaded the little update.zip file that puts the ninja (SU) icon on your phone, but it doesn't do anything, and I can't remove it.

Everytime I reboot the phone by holding the power button and X at the same time I get the standard /!\ where you have to hold the camera button and up volume button...but there's no restore/backup option.

So that's where I'm at.

If anyone is on and could help me out...I would greatly appreciate it. I have surgery in 12 hours...and will be out of commission for 2-3 days....but don't want to worry about a broken phone.

Thanks in advance!!
    Shayne

Advertisement

2. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
  3. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Network Engineer
    IL
    Thank you!!!!

Dl'ding the files now.

I'm done fiddling with crap at the last moment....never said I was smart. ;)

Really appreciate it!
    S

4. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Network Engineer
    IL
    THANK YOU for all the help. Surgery went well...up and moving around. But wanted to thank everyone that helped me get my phone re-setup before I went in.

It was kinda like a security blanket. lol

Thanks again!!!
    S