1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please can i get a fast response! (sprint G2 question!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by araxxis, Oct 10, 2014.

1. araxxis

araxxis Well-Known Member

So i found a NEW sprint G2 on craigslist for 220 bucks, but im still confused by this thread:

http://androidforums.com/lg-g2/814214-unlocking-sprint-lg-g2.html

I am wanting to use it on crickets network and from that thread i cannot figure out if its possible or not.

*I just got off the phone with sprint and it checked out perfectly, gave him the IMEI and it has never been activated (new) and is not on a payment plan or anything like that, he also said (hesitantly, understandable being he works for sprint lol) that it IS unlocked. But again from above thread it sounds like sprint can phones can act weird with other carriers?

Please if anyone reads this and knows for sure respond i would like to buy this phone tonite before he sells it to someone else.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

I would recommend against it... get a AT&T model, or a Verizon one, and it will work much better on Cricket, I use my Cricket SIM in my vs980 all the time with no issues.

Reading that thread is kind of giving me a headache, and doesn't make sense... the SIM lock information isn't accessible through normal means, it is in the EFS partition which is encrypted, I think what they are doing is bypassing a check in the stock ROM and allowing it to work. Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile phones are SIM locked, Verizon phones are not.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews