• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

Igor_1234

Lurker
Apr 6, 2016
Right, so basically a long time ago I rooted my Asus memo pad 7 HD tablet wanting to get rid of all the apps I didn't use and to customize the OS. It all worked properly and the tablet even increased in speed. I didn't use it at all after a few months as i relied more on my phone and my PC, so i decided to give the tablet to my younger brother because he's always on my mums phone playing hill climb racing. I decided instead of deleting all the apps on there and signing out of everything i would just reset the tablet, i did this but i forgot one thing. When i first rooted the tablet I uninstalled all the things I didn't use, including the default keyboard as I used the google one I installed. So, when i reset the tablet it didn't have any keyboard installed, therefore i need to install one from the play store but to do this is I need to type in the WI-FI password but i can't because I don't have a keyboard installed.

So, my question is,

Is it possible to install a keyboard apk using PC and just the stock apps on the tablet (there is no file explorer installed) or will it be broken forever?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones