• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Please check back tomorrow"

OK Everyone. Called a second time and this person told me the same as the first and I pleaded with her to check again. And she looked into my account and said it does look like there was an issue with the card.

Gave me another number to call. I called and they said that because it is the incredible/pre-order that they can't process orders until the 28th. Even though I wanted them to put it through on the same card. So no earlier than thursday for me, which I am fine with.

What I did do, just so that there isn't any more issues with that card, I had her bill it to the account, because I didn't want them to run into an issue again. So it will bill to the account and I will get shipping information all on wednesday. With a delivery of thursday before 7pm.

Just so everyone knows, push them if they say it is fine - because they told me initially (twice) it was completed and waiting for fedex to give them the shipping info.

Upvote 0
Sigh...My status change this morning to the "order processing. Check back tomorrow" too.

I just called Verizon. They said oh I see you are having an issue with your card and then they transferred me somewhere else. I explained that the original card I used had to be cancelled due to possible compromise and that I called on Saturday and gave a new card. She didn't have any record of the new card. So she took the new card number again and assured me that it was in there now and when they start processing them on the 28th, it will work.
I asked her about the 28th and she said they were not shipping any orders until then. I told her I have been following this phone for 3 months now and others with order numbers after mine were already getting tracking numbers. It didn't seem to phase her as she stuck with her original statement of they will be processed on the 28th.

Now my status as changed BACK to "
We have received your order. Please check back tomorrow."​
Seems like I'm going in circles here.​

Upvote 0
Ok so I called the other number provided in this thread that goes to the internet sales team and this lady was much nicer.

She double checked and said that my order looks fine. She said that my order didn't process yet because it's a preorder and she was told they will process and ship out on Wednesday to arrive to me on Thursday.

She said preorders normally don't process until they are ready to ship the phone. So I'm still puzzled, but she assured me that my order is fine. I think I can live with that for now.

A possible theory that I have, and I could be wrong, but maybe they had a certain amount of stock that they were able to ship out early since it was on hand and they are waiting for more stock to ship to other people. I just wasn't a lucky one?

Either way I'm not going to panic now unless I get an email stating there is a problem with my order. The other rep assured me that they would email me if they are having a problem processing my order. So since I haven't received an email like that, I will just wait. As tough as that is! :eek:

Upvote 0
Now my status as changed BACK to "
We have received your order. Please check back tomorrow."​

Seems like I'm going in circles here.​

And now it's back to "
Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow."​
I guess I just gotta let it go for now. That would be easier if I knew they had the right card on file now or not though.​
Also, yes I realize I quoted myself. :)

Upvote 0
I got the same message that everyone else has here that my "order was received, please check back tomorrow". I also received an email stating that my order was in a queue so I called the number on that email. She said that everything was fine and that they just have so many orders to process. She then said that I will get an email tomorrow or wed saying one of two things, everything is good to go, or that there is a problem with my card. I know its going to be the former as I have way more funds to cover a couple hundred bucks...just wanted to let everyone know my experiences.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with them and they had no records of me ordering the phone. I gave them all the information, order number etc., and he put me on hold a few times coming back to say, sorry, we have no records. Finally he put me on hold one more time and told me, "Oh, there's no problem, there's just so many people who ordered the phone all at the same time, you just have to wait your turn, and I should get an email in a couple of days that it was shipped." Not this CSR's fault, but seriously? I guess I'll just have to wait some more.

Upvote 0
I spoke with Internet Sales today and this is what they told me:

At first it was a canned response that she assured me no one had received their tracking number yet and that's a promise. I said that was not true and I had proof and insisted that she pull up my order in the system. Once she did she said "oh, there is an issue, I'm glad you called." I made a change to my account after preordering to get my account in order and it caused an issue with my preorder. The CSR then placed my order in her personal "todo" pile since it would have not been delivered on time. She said that she would process it tomorrow and the phone would be to me on Thursday at the latest.

I know what happened to me is unlikely for others, but wanted to share and let you guys know to insist they look at your specific order before allowing them to feed you their line of bs.

Upvote 0
i called this morning and she said that a representative is processing my order although nothing has changed. i asked her to just bill it to my account she said she would note my account. she was very hurried and unhelpful, the whole conversation lasted about 30 seconds. i'm gonna call back and get someone who will actually help me. has anyone gotten this resolved yet?

Upvote 0
Okay, I called again, this time I called the Internet Sales department direct, and they told me a hold has been placed on my order because my name didn't match up with my social. My husband is the one that got me my first cell phone 13 years ago, but since then I have been the head of the account since I'm the one that pays the bills. I've never had a problem with this until now, and I've ordered dozens of phones over the years.. doesn't it figure? The account still says his name, but when I have phones ship, I change his name to my name on the "ship to."

She said this order will have never gone through. She canceled my order, and now I have to go back and re-order it. So much for staying up till midnight last Sunday in hopes of "first come first served!" lol.

So, yes.. do call again. Call the internet sales dept. directly (866-338-7390) and give them your order number. Seems like all of us who got that message were on some kind of hold for one reason or another.

Upvote 0
i called back, a little more helpful representative. she was obviously a little frustrated she told me they had been getting calls since last week with people complaining that they hadn't gotten their phones yet. she said something about my email address, she did say that as we speak someone was processing my order so i don't know. i also called my bank and they did not have record of any payments that had been denied. she took my phone number and said she was gonna keep an eye on my order. its weird when you call the internet orders # it doesn't even ring they just answer immediately.

Upvote 0
I spoke with Internet Sales today and this is what they told me:

At first it was a canned response that she assured me no one had received their tracking number yet and that's a promise. I said that was not true and I had proof and insisted that she pull up my order in the system. Once she did she said "oh, there is an issue, I'm glad you called."

OK folks, here's the deal, what Joe_T said is the case with all of our orders. They will tell you that there is no problem with your order. You have to tell them that you know for a fact that there is a problem with your order and that you need for them to check more closely.

My third internet support rep today told me the same thing that the first 2 did: no problem with your order, we're just filling them in the order they were received. "No ma'am I personally watched with my own eyes on your website several hundred orders get processed. people who ordered before me and who ordered after me, people who live in my area and people who live all over the country. There is some problem with my order, will you please check.

"Oh yes, I see there is a hold on your order because you will have to pay a restocking fee. But now I see that you already attempted to return your 2 Droids and already agreed to the restocking fee. Now we will process your order and you should get a confirmation email soon."

Dumbasses.

Upvote 0
Okay, I called again, this time I called the Internet Sales department direct, and they told me a hold has been placed on my order because my name didn't match up with my social. My husband is the one that got me my first cell phone 13 years ago, but since then I have been the head of the account since I'm the one that pays the bills. I've never had a problem with this until now, and I've ordered dozens of phones over the years.. doesn't it figure? The account still says his name, but when I have phones ship, I change his name to my name on the "ship to."

She said this order will have never gone through. She canceled my order, and now I have to go back and re-order it. So much for staying up till midnight last Sunday in hopes of "first come first served!" lol.

So, yes.. do call again. Call the internet sales dept. directly (866-338-7390) and give them your order number. Seems like all of us who got that message were on some kind of hold for one reason or another.

now 2 representatives in internet orders have told me that my order is being looked at or processed but they did not say that anything went wrong. i almost wish they had said that just so it would be resolved. so if this hasn't been fixed by tomorrow i'm calling again, i don't give a f*#* i'm gonna keep calling until i get that 2-3 days status like the people already have who ordered 3 days after me. whats the point of ordering on sunday night like i did if you are gonna get sent to the end of the line anyways? mad :mad:

Upvote 0
not much help for me. called my bank first got the idiot of all idiots. i let her know i just wanted to make sure there was nothing going on on the banks end before i called vzw and she said "uh...no! nothing is wrong with the bank"..................really?!?!? so i had to slow it down for her. that didnt get me anywhere...

the rep at vzw kept saying the same thing - that they aren't allowed to release them yet. i let her know about everybody else getting the processing message and kept asking why i wasnt. she said "everybody who." the 5,000 other people who ordered the phone!
guess ill just wait and see :(

Upvote 0
OK folks, here's the deal, what Joe_T said is the case with all of our orders. They will tell you that there is no problem with your order. You have to tell them that you know for a fact that there is a problem with your order and that you need for them to check more closely.

My third internet support rep today told me the same thing that the first 2 did: no problem with your order, we're just filling them in the order they were received. "No ma'am I personally watched with my own eyes on your website several hundred orders get processed. people who ordered before me and who ordered after me, people who live in my area and people who live all over the country. There is some problem with my order, will you please check.

"Oh yes, I see there is a hold on your order because you will have to pay a restocking fee. But now I see that you already attempted to return your 2 Droids and already agreed to the restocking fee. Now we will process your order and you should get a confirmation email soon."

Dumbasses.

i just called and told him the same exact thing (for a second time) and they just keep telling me its in line to be processed. i give up.

Upvote 0
not much help for me. called my bank first got the idiot of all idiots. i let her know i just wanted to make sure there was nothing going on on the banks end before i called vzw and she said "uh...no! nothing is wrong with the bank"..................really?!?!? so i had to slow it down for her. that didnt get me anywhere...

the rep at vzw kept saying the same thing - that they aren't allowed to release them yet. i let her know about everybody else getting the processing message and kept asking why i wasnt. she said "everybody who." the 5,000 other people who ordered the phone!
guess ill just wait and see :(

Domino, try calling this number if you haven't already....(866) 338-7390. That is the most helpful lady that I've talked to so far. It's the internet sales team and they answered the call directly without any phone tree or music playing in the background.

She said that it looks like my order is in "new" status (whatever that means), it isn't in hold status anymore and is going to be processed soon but she couldn't give me an exact time or anything. I asked why it was in hold status and she didn't know. She said they are doing the best they can to get all of the preorders to us on or before the 29th.

She said they all got an email from their director today that said to really push to get everyone their phones on or before the 29th, so they are starting to ship them a day earlier than they were supposed to. I guess they were supposed to start shipping them tomorrow but the director gave them the green light to start today.

It sounded like she knew what she was talking about, but who knows since we are all getting different answers!

I did however plead with her to check my account and order to see if anything might be holding it up. She couldn't find anything. I brought up anything that I thought could be a red flag like having it shipped to my work and she said it shouldn't be a problem but she noted my account that it's an approved address by me and it's my work address.

The only thing she saw is that on the order it had only my first and last name and on my account it's my first, middle, last and suffix (Jr.). She said that shouldn't be a problem though.

Ultimately, I guess all that I can do at this point is wait for my order status to change and/or get an email from Verizon either giving me shipping info or news about a problem they are having with my order.

The waiting game continues...

Upvote 0
I called them 3 times. The first 2 times, they just said everything is ok, it's in the queue. They haven't processed it yet. I mentioned that other people with much later order number has already gotten their tracking number. The CSR said that it's because they have different processing unit (?) and orders gets distributed to different processors.

I just called them up again, gave my order number and the CSR said that she just got notification that my order is good to go (some "new" status) and she has personally added my order to some automatic system (didn't really catch what she said). She said it should be shipped out later today.

When I check my status online, the message has changed to: Your order is currently being processed, please check back tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Just be patient, it will ship soon, i'm almost sure of it. I ordered on saturday morning and i'm not worried. I might not get it before the release date, but i'm more than confident i'll get it on the date i was expecting it. I"m sure right now they are overwhelmed with phone calls from people ordering and asking about their order status. They will most likely be processed in the order they were recieved, so just hang tight and it'll work out. If they have a problem they will contact you.

Upvote 0
i just called and told him the same exact thing (for a second time) and they just keep telling me its in line to be processed. i give up.

ok, i've called twice today and emailed once. i will be calling more until i get the answer i'm looking for. i think next time i call i will request to speak to someone in processing. just keep calling and posting here what they say. something is wrong and they are overlooking it or something. i swear if they sell out of phones or something i'm gonna be pissed off.

Upvote 0
So, I talked to a few different people. From what I can gather, all of our orders are in a queue to be processed manually (nobody seemed to know when they would be). I tried cancelling and the verizon gal told me she couldn't cancel the order. Apparently, after trying the manual processing, if there is still an issue, we will be emailed... Until then, I don't think there is much we can do.... Just wait patiently. Hopefully they're manually processing orders today and we don't have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to find out we're not getting the phone in time.

If anybody's status either changes or they get an email, please let us know so we at least know that there is something going on with these orders.

Thanks,

Mike

Upvote 0

christ people, relax! you are going to get your phone on or before launch day.

if you guys ordered later last week then it only makes sense that everyone else is getting their orders processed first.

you guys should have ordered the first day but it doesn't matter considering you will get them by the 29th as promised. hang in there

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones