1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please check your data speeds again...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zeze22, Apr 15, 2011.

1. zeze22

zeze22 Lurker

Suddenly my TB is back to human-capacity DL and UL speeds. I live in a four-bar 4G area in Boston and was getting the absurd 15-20 mbps that everyone else was.

Suddenly, my data seems to cap at 5 Mbps DL and UL and then drop during speed test. I am not throttled as I have used under 3GB this month.

I attempted a oneclick root that didnt seem to work, as I cannot use Superuser, etc. Could this be a cause?

Anyone have my experience?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

Still rockin' 28.5 Mbps down and 4.28 Mbps up - according to speakeasy dot net

3. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

12 down and 3 up on a fully rooted tbolt with 2 bars of LTE acording to speakeasy.

4. djscoe

djscoe Member

I work in Cambridge and the last two weeks even though my indicator said 4G I was getting nothing. It would flip back and forth from 4G to 3G to absolutely nothing. I called tech support and they said there was an urgent ticket up on the system to fix 4G in our area. Today, I actually seem to be getting decent speeds and a consistent connection.

Off topic somewhat, when I go to Speakeasy.net to test my phone, it says I need Flash for my browser. I have Flash 10.2 installed and I get that message with either Firefox or the standard browser. Anyone have any ideas how I can get by this and test it with Speakeasy?

zeze22 likes this.
  5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Speeds have gone down to human speeds here in NYC...I'm getting about 10kbps down the last few days. Still pretty fast...

6. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast

I don't know what year you're in, but 10kbps is not pretty fast :p

7. milan03

milan03 Android Enthusiast

Still 20-45mbps in NYC for me.

8. zeze22

zeze22 Lurker

Come on- he clearly meant mbps. Anyway, I'm up a little in Boston to 6-8 Mbps. I have a sinking feeling Big is going to reduce these speeds after the marketing frenzy on lte passes.

9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Easyyyyy killa...lol... Like zeze22 said, I meant Mbps. Just did a test, got 16Mbps down! That test is so up and down. But I do have a feeling VZW is going to pull speeds back a bit.

10. slimjoe

slimjoe Well-Known Member

Ran the test with the app with a Newark, NJ server and no significant change in central Jersey.

12.94 up
    23.99 down

11. droid747

droid747 Member

I just ran the test on speakeasy dot net and I had the following results:
    Test 1: 25.71 down
    2.7 up

Test 2: 25.39 down2.63 up

12. Andy4390

Andy4390 Lurker

Cambridge here...11.2 down and 36.12 up. Used to get 30's down and 30's-40's up.

13. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast

I guess my toungey face at the end wasn't enough to show "haha, just playing around!" [/joking around]

14. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

ha-ha...all good

15. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

Guys should list what app or site they are using to measure their speed.

I just checked again and got almost the same score I got above, 28Mbps and 4.2 Mbps - speakeasy

16. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

15.85 Download 1.96 upload speeds. I've been downloading the internet for the past few days so I am probably throttled. This was on Speakeasy. On CNet's test though, didn't test faster than 5 down.

17. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I just used the SpeakEasy.net test

New York City
    16 mbps down & 3 mbps up

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews