• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please - desperately need a guru

Perk322

Lurker
Nov 14, 2013
Hi, I finally refused to go with the Apple 5s and purchased the Samsung Galaxy note 3.
I'm still learning, but I cannot figure out why I can't text as I'm used to.
I'm using the GO texting app and when I text, say Mom, she will get the text but when she hits reply it will go to my email instead of back to the GO text app. We can't have a conversation because sometimes when I text her it goes to her email also. So, this is my issue.
Please have mercy on an android newbie.
Jennifer

Hi there and welcome to the forums! I went ahead and moved your thread out to the main space for the N3, that way you're more likely to get quick help.

I'm not too familiar with the GO texting app. Would you be willing to switch back to the stock samsung texting app for a day or two, to see if the issues happen using that? It would help us figure out if it's an issue with your phone or just the app you're using to text.

Upvote 0
Hi, I finally refused to go with the Apple 5s and purchased the Samsung Galaxy note 3.
I'm still learning, but I cannot figure out why I can't text as I'm used to.
I'm using the GO texting app and when I text, say Mom, she will get the text but when she hits reply it will go to my email instead of back to the GO text app. We can't have a conversation because sometimes when I text her it goes to her email also. So, this is my issue.
Please have mercy on an android newbie.
Jennifer

When you are typing the name in, in the "to" field, are you sure you're not selecting her email address instead of the cell phone number?

It's actually possible to send a text message to an email address, as I do it all the time, when I want to forward one of my texts to my email, for safe keeping.

Upvote 0
Make sure your old iPhone is off. When I went from iPhone to Android, my iPhone was still on so even though I was sending texts to people when they replied their texts went to my old iPhone. This seemed to only happen with people replying FROM an iPhone.

Also, I would try to use the stock Samsung texting app at least to start with to rule out any aftermarket app issues. If you get the same thing on the stock messaging app then that would give us more info to work with.

I remember when I first went to Android it seemed a little confusing on some of the how's and why's, but after about two weeks it all made so much more sense than iPhone and was so much easier. Hang in there, you will be glad you did!

Upvote 0
I've thought of one other thing that it could be, with regards to your text messages going to email, due to a similar circumstance that was happening with my co-worker.

If you are using Microsoft Exchange/Active Sync, you have the capabilities of syncing your text messages with your email. That said, I think that might be something that only comes up with corporate sync. And, it wouldn't isolate the issue to just receiving an email because it would go to both text and email.

Figured I'd mention this, in case there are other people with a similar issue as yours, but not exactly the same.

Upvote 0
Make sure your old iPhone is off. When I went from iPhone to Android, my iPhone was still on so even though I was sending texts to people when they replied their texts went to my old iPhone. This seemed to only happen with people replying FROM an iPhone.

If it's iPhone/iMessage related you'll have to go into iCloud and dis-associate your phone# with iMessage. I just did this as I came over from an iPhone and had to do the above so any messages would now hit my new Note 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones