1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root please give useful info for those with 2.1 leaks..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knipp21, May 20, 2010.

1. knipp21

knipp21 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Ok so im tech savy, i run linux and programmed it. But im not smartphone os savy. i was dumb and missed my chance to root..now im praying a dev gives me mercy. Does anyone have any info for the poor souls like me? I want root mainly for over clocking, and i know the stock eris will never see past 2.1

Thanks in advance, this place has provided lots of help for me lately, but i cant find any updated info on this

Advertisement

2. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Linus Torvalds,

Wow I did not know you were an Eris user. Welcome to the community. I have been a big fan of our's for many years, and would gladly be willing to give you a rooted phone. I don't live too far from your place, maybe we get together and have a cup of coffee? I will tell you about android, and you can tell me about the early days.

</geekhumor>
    </sarcasm>

Couldnt help it. No useful info yet.

3. knipp21

knipp21 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Haha thanks. I think have been reading alot of posts by you lately. I would love a rooted phone. Its what will keep me from shelling out the dough for the incredible.

4. ssgtob1

ssgtob1 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    That was the fuuniest thing I have ever seen on androidforums.......and he didnt get it at all!!!!

I think Torvalds may possibly have better grammar than the person claiming to have programmed Linux in this thread!

5. knipp21

knipp21 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    In defense to my grammer I'm a lazy college kid using my phone. And to correct myself. I'm a cs major using Linux. I caught the joke but I was trying to stay on topic :)