• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help! Accidentally formatted SD Card

ok make sure that you are in fastboot on your phone. go to the bootloader and select fastboot then enter the commands again.

tried it, still not luck.

I now have nothing on my sd card and wiped whatever i could from clockworkmod recovery mode.
I am also back to having "Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" show when i click on wipe Dalvik

I just wanted to start fresh because i was not getting anywhere.

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone for your time and help.

I ended up finding "RUU" from

HTC EVO 4G Downloads - RootzWiki

and put it on my sd card. It let me update my phone when i went to the bootloader and so i continued with the update and now my phone is working! No more rooting for me.
Well alrighty then, glad you got it working, and I can understand not wanting to do anything more at this time, but there is always later!;)

Upvote 0
Wish I would have seen this earlier, but just in case you want to try again, this could have been the issue. Mac automatically unzips files unless you tell it not to. Follow these steps to prevent that before flashing.

Open Safari Click Safari (next to the apple icon in the upper right corner) Preferences General Tab At the very bottom of the general tab UNCHECK "Opensafe files automatically" Once you uncheck that, redownload the zip, put it on the sd card and then reflash (in your case from bootloader). Once you do this, follow Andy's instructions and u should be good.

Upvote 0
Wish I would have seen this earlier, but just in case you want to try again, this could have been the issue. Mac automatically unzips files unless you tell it not to. Follow these steps to prevent that before flashing.

Open Safari Click Safari (next to the apple icon in the upper right corner) Preferences General Tab At the very bottom of the general tab UNCHECK "Opensafe files automatically" Once you uncheck that, redownload the zip, put it on the sd card and then reflash (in your case from hboot). Once you do this, follow Andy's instructions and u should be good.
Thanks Aaronone...I knew/know nothing about mac's...thanks again:)

Reactions: AARONONE
Upvote 0
I still call it amon ra even though its smelkus but that's what I meant Yall should have known that. :p

Sorry I made that assumption:) but there's a clear difference between the recoveries and a clarification might be beneficial to someone reading this for the first time;) Although Amon Ra is still a great recovery, I would never recommend it over Smelkus or even the Amon Ra Style recovery now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones