• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root please help asap

im running MoDaCo 3.2 rom in my hero and i have been trying to see/try some of the others but none have worked i tryed villian 6.2 and that failed to loadfrom boot i tryed fresh 1.1 the other day and that wouldnt load from boot screen cant think whats going on i dont need to flash MoDaCo rom do i? do i need to revert back to stock rom first?

Ok first thing, don't flash anything for Sprint (CDMA) phones! That includes the fresh ROM.

You switch to a new ROM like this:
-Put the new rom.zip on the sdcard
-Boot to recovery
-Do a nandroid backup
-In the wipe menu, do a factory reset, wipe the dalvik-cache and the ext partition.
-Flash thew new rom.zip
-Reboot (initial boots can take a while, give it time).

Upvote 0
XYRO you are a legend, all done villain 6 running very well litle lag here and there but nothing ott, havent got the live wall paper working, and also alot of my apps although backed on with titaniumbackup will not restore :( maybe thats just me being stupid, dont understand the updater thing as i updated widgets and didnt appear to do anything

Upvote 0
No you won't be able to restore all of your apps; restoring 1.5 apps into 2.1 only works like half the time.

Switching between versions of 2.1 wont give you any trouble though. Now that the real android 2.1 has been released, you'll probably want to switch to that in stead of the earlier versions such as villain 6.

Glad you got it sorted :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones