• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP! Battery charge notification wouldn't stop, powered off, unable to power back on.

My phone does the same thing. I'm hoping the method "let the battery die and charge it" works!!! But the notification lights up crazy and my screen flashes showing me the message "USB and charge" and when it's on vibration it goes crazy vibrating and when the ringtone is on it beeps. In scared what other method does anyone have. I think I might have to take it to the repair shop. Any more suggestions??? LMK. Thanks

I would try what LordVincent mentioned and make sure that your charging port is clean. If that doesn't work, try doing a factory reset? You'll lose everything on the phone if it's not backup up with an app like Titanium but as long as you have a gmail account you'll be able to get your contacts back. I don't know if you're rooted or not but you can do a factory reset even if you don't have root.

From a powered off phone, press volume up and power at the same time until a black screen with blue writing comes up, then let go of the buttons. Using the volume buttons, scroll down to the wipe data/ factory reset option. Use the camera button to select and do a factory reset. Hopefully that will fix your phone. ;)

Reactions: Davidcha18
Upvote 0
I would try what LordVincent mentioned and make sure that your charging port is clean. If that doesn't work, try doing a factory reset? You'll lose everything on the phone if it's not backup up with an app like Titanium but as long as you have a gmail account you'll be able to get your contacts back. I don't know if you're rooted or not but you can do a factory reset even if you don't have root.

From a powered off phone, press volume up and power at the same time until a black screen with blue writing comes up, then let go of the buttons. Using the volume buttons, scroll down to the wipe data/ factory reset option. Use the camera button to select and do a factory reset. Hopefully that will fix your phone. ;)

Hello, I already did that. I lost everything and it was still doing it :( Thank you for you're help :) But yea i did that turning off thing yesterday at night. I turned it on today and it was still doing it. Like yesterday it stopped for 2 hours. I guess when I was on Facebook and Instgram. But the worst thing is that it eats my battery. If you have any more suggestions, I would appreciated. Once again thank you for you're help :)

Upvote 0
Hello, I already did that. I lost everything and it was still doing it :( Thank you for you're help :) But yea i did that turning off thing yesterday at night. I turned it on today and it was still doing it. Like yesterday it stopped for 2 hours. I guess when I was on Facebook and Instgram. But the worst thing is that it eats my battery. If you have any more suggestions, I would appreciated. Once again thank you for you're help :)

2 things that I would suggest.

1st- if the phone is still under warranty, send it back. Samsung will pay for everything and it normally takes less than 10 days. I know it'll BITE to be without your phone but at least they'll give it a complete run through. They may even replace the entire phone instead of just replacing the defective part.

2nd- if it's out of warranty, I would try using Odin and flash a whole new image. You can actually try this method too before sending it in for warranty if that option is available.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory.html

Post back and let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
2 things that I would suggest.

1st- if the phone is still under warranty, send it back. Samsung will pay for everything and it normally takes less than 10 days. I know it'll BITE to be without your phone but at least they'll give it a complete run through. They may even replace the entire phone instead of just replacing the defective part.

2nd- if it's out of warranty, I would try using Odin and flash a whole new image. You can actually try this method too before sending it in for warranty if that option is available.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory.html

Post back and let us know what happens.

Hi thank you for you're suggestion. I went to a phone repair shop. They said that they cn't fix it. However, (finger's crossed) it stopped doing it like 4 hours ago. I am going to see what happens tonight and tomorrow when I charge it and unplug it. I'll try the "let the phone die and charge it to 100%" once again and I'll let you know if it had some work. If you find anything new let me know, thanks :)

Upvote 0
Most times it occurs because there it's something in the charging port (lint, or some other obstruction) that is making the phone think there is a charger attached. This has happened to me several times.
Each time i just folded a dollar Bill to a point and fished around GENTLY and then used a can of compressed air (Duster) to blow into the port and everything went back to normal.
Ymmv.

Edit-just read that you already tried this... Lol. :eek:

Upvote 0
This problem is caused by malfunction of internal logic circuit usually appers in the first days or weeks, samsumg previal and transform they have the same problem ,
The only way to get fixed is claim the samsung factory defects warranty ,
They know about it, but they shutt off the mouth, to save some money from this defect and let the end user pay for it and the surence company and also the end user.

Upvote 0
even i faced the same thing...when i am charging my battery..its showing an indication.then when i took out the charger ...still the battery indication was showing. I didnt noticed that ..and i kept the mobile aside and slept of...morning when i got up...i saw my mobile battery is full.:rolleyes: then i switched of my mobile and switched it on...now again battery came down to 40% ...i dnt know what is this different type of problem...i read the thread....now thinking to drain of the battery and when its 0% , i will start charging....if that also dnt work ..then i will reset the devicce....not sure that gonna solve the problem or not.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hey, I have a problem with my samsung galaxy s2 as well although it is a bit different from the problem of this thread. My phone keeps turning off randomly after I use it for about 10 minutes and I factory reseted my phone but it still does that. Also, the battery looks a bit bloated and I don't know what to do :( Please help!

Upvote 0
Hey, I have a problem with my samsung galaxy s2 as well although it is a bit different from the problem of this thread. My phone keeps turning off randomly after I use it for about 10 minutes and I factory reseted my phone but it still does that. Also, the battery looks a bit bloated and I don't know what to do :( Please help!

You might want to check out the S2 threads, they will be able to help you better than in this prevail section. Not sure which S2 you have but here is one of them Samsung Galaxy S2 (Boost Mobile) - Android Forums Hope this helps you:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones