1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please Help! Black screen...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toby Meller, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Toby Meller

Toby Meller Lurker
    Jun 9, 2016

Jun 9, 2016
    So I managed to drop my phone a couple of weeks ago and crack the screen. The screen itself has remained fully functional despite a couple of purple lines down it and progressively worse flickering. It;s gradually started becoming more unresponsive and tonight it seems to have had enough. The stay on screen still display the time and if I press the lock key it will show me my lock screen and my notifications, I can swipe and remove these and if drag them down to read them further.

However, when I actually unlock my phone to go to my home screen, the phone screen goes black - I know the phone has unlocked because I can hear the sound effects when I press apps but everything remains black and I can't get the screen to come alive again until I lock the phone. If I double tap the home button, it will quick launch my camera and that works. So essentially the screen still works but won't show me my home screen or any apps (apart from camera), it's essentially blacked out until I lock it again.

I'm getting it repaired but am not able to do so for a few days. Any ideas how I can bring the screen back to life when I unlock the phone? I tried restarting a few times, leaving it turned off for a while and emergency mode - none of which worked.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.