1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root PLEASE HELP-cannot get SuperOneClick to work!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wat143, Jun 5, 2011.

1. wat143

wat143 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hello,
    I'm running 2.2 so cannot you Z4root.
    When i try to use superoneclick, it freezes on 'Waiting for device'. The whole application just freezes... i've tried on another pc, other versions.. what's happening? :( I've been trying for hours!!

Advertisement

2. wat143

wat143 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    I managed to get it working!
    I reinstalled drivers for my phone (I think the problem was one type was missing or something?) from PDAnet from here, Download PdaNet . I followed the program, but when I got to the 'reinstalling drivers' part (when you plug in your phone and your computer searches for drivers), one failed to install. I think this is common with Windows 7?
    To fix this, I went on start, and typed Devices and Printers, and pressed enter. It showed my Android device with an orange triangle. You right click, go on Properties, Hardware, Change Settings, and on the Driver tab click Update Driver. It should be able to find the right driver from the PDAnet if you click the search for drivers and finish installing without failing.
    Then PDAnet finished whatever it was doing, and when I opened up SuperOneClick again, and it didn't freeze! I plugged in my phone (with USB debugging enabled) and it rooted it, no problems :)
    Hopefully this will help if anyone encounters the same problem.