1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help - Cannot tether?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skorpeo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. skorpeo

skorpeo Lurker

I am trying to tether my computer but I am unable to pair my Droid x with my Win 7 laptop. I've been following the instructions on the net. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I turned on the bluetooth feature and then went to the wifi & networks and made the phone discoverable. It has a time limit. then I went to my computer, control panel, printers and add devices. here is when nothing happens. The box opens and says searching for devices and thats it. NOthing! It wont find the Droidx. Is there something I'm not doing? Or something that I need first?My phone is running Android version 2.3.3 my laptop is running win7 home premium 64 bit. any help would be would be greatly apprieciated. thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Moved your post from my BT to here b/c 1) that's about BT, not tethering, amd 2) that was teh DROID (original) forum).

Here' you'll get better visibility from users that have the same phone as you do.

Good luck!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews