1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help. cant update beyond 4.1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottrf8, Jan 4, 2014.

1. scottrf8

scottrf8 Lurker

Hey, everyone. I have the i317 Note 2, its At&t. It had 4.3 firmware on it and from what I read, in order to unlock it, I needed to downgrade to 4.1.1, which I did. I successfully got it running on 4.1.1 (KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5) using Odin. From there, I was able to unlock it through the hidden menus. I tested it by putting in a tmobile sim and I was able to send a text and get tmobile 4g. I then went to upgrade the firmware back to 4.3 and the problem is it wont update. I have tried over the wifi on the phone and through Kies. When I update the firmware, it downloads and installs, but then gets stuck at the samsung galaxy note 2 boot up screen. I am able to use Odin and go back to 4.1.1 and it is still unlocked, but no matter what I try, I cant update the firmware.

As of now, the phone IS WORKING. It is running 4.1.1 and is unlocked. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to be able to update the phone? thanks

current settings:
    android version: 4.1.1
    baseband version: i317UCALJ2
    kernel version: 3.0.31-215287
    build number: JRO03C.i317UCALJ2

thanks in advance for any help!!!!

2. shzusuziq

shzusuziq Lurker

I had the same thing. I have an att note 2 being used on my t mobile account. I went to an att service center, & the nice person there upgraded my phone for free.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews