1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help. cant update beyond 4.1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottrf8, Jan 4, 2014.

1. scottrf8

scottrf8 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2014
    Hey, everyone. I have the i317 Note 2, its At&t. It had 4.3 firmware on it and from what I read, in order to unlock it, I needed to downgrade to 4.1.1, which I did. I successfully got it running on 4.1.1 (KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5) using Odin. From there, I was able to unlock it through the hidden menus. I tested it by putting in a tmobile sim and I was able to send a text and get tmobile 4g. I then went to upgrade the firmware back to 4.3 and the problem is it wont update. I have tried over the wifi on the phone and through Kies. When I update the firmware, it downloads and installs, but then gets stuck at the samsung galaxy note 2 boot up screen. I am able to use Odin and go back to 4.1.1 and it is still unlocked, but no matter what I try, I cant update the firmware.

As of now, the phone IS WORKING. It is running 4.1.1 and is unlocked. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to be able to update the phone? thanks

current settings:
    android version: 4.1.1
    baseband version: i317UCALJ2
    kernel version: 3.0.31-215287
    build number: JRO03C.i317UCALJ2

thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Advertisement

2. shzusuziq

shzusuziq Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2013
    Female
    pa.
    I had the same thing. I have an att note 2 being used on my t mobile account. I went to an att service center, & the nice person there upgraded my phone for free.