• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help compare: G1 vs. Nexus One

FortKnox

Nov 23, 2008
So I've learned through forums of one capability the Nexus One has that my G1 doesn't. But that's not enough to cause me to want to upgrade to a $400-range phone, even WITH the $100 I could sell my G1 for on Gazelle.com. I've found Pricing : Place an order - Nexus One Help, and I am an existing T-Mobile customer so I get a hefty discount, but that's STILL a good chunk of change.
So I'd like to ask the Android community what *functional* differences exist between a G1 & the Nexus one. (i.e. I don't care about wallpapers that move) The one difference I'd already uncovered is that it's easier to un-delete Gmails. Please keep comments to functionality that distinguishes the two, not "THE NEXUS ONE RULES." And if there's someplace on the web that does this already, huh, where?
Thanks!

This is the best thing about android.. whatever you get in one phone u can get it on other.. ofcourse there will be a time that you phone wont be able to do the heavy duty stuff.. like games and all that.. but when it come to app, the G1 should be able to run most of the apps in the market, as same as the nexus one.

now if you care for 3d games, live wall paper, google earth, movies or better pictures.. then u should consider buying the nexus one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones