• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help - Completely remove an app from my phone

Deejbk

Lurker
Mar 2, 2013
Hi,

An app I've downloaded isn't working properly. The application supporters have advised me to remove the app from my phone completely and then download it again from the play store.

However when I uninstall the app I am not given the option to download it from the play store, but only to install it.

How can I remove the app completely so I can download it again?

However when I uninstall the app I am not given the option to download it from the play store, but only to install it.

"INSTALL", is the terminology that is used on the Play Store for all apps that are not on your phone and that need to be downloaded and installed. Try it with an app you have never had on your phone and see.

EDIT As per Rukbat's post.

Upvote 0
Amazing how if you miss one word, the entire thing is misunderstood. I should of read it twice lol.
<off-topic alert>
Not even a word.

Order issued by the Czar, regarding the Czarina's lover:

Pardon impossible, to be sent to Siberia.

As written by his sympathetic-to-the-Czarina secretary:

Pardon, impossible to be sent to Siberia.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones