1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help delete gmail messages on old S2 not server

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by GarTheConquer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. GarTheConquer

GarTheConquer Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi all! I have what seems to be a somewhat unique problem. I gave my Galaxy S2 to my GF and bought a Note2.

I want to erase all of my emails off of the old phone and make the email account inaccessible on the old phone without deleting the emails off of the server. I still want all of my emails and contacts on my PC/Note2.

I would rather not delete my gmail account from the old S2 because she likes the apps that are on it. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I knew what apps would be deleted.

(I googled for the last hour and can't seem to find anything that is the same problem)

Just looking for advice :thinking:

Advertisement

2. GarTheConquer

GarTheConquer Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    It says something like it will put my phone back to factory settings if I delete my gmail account off of the phone but what does that mean?

Will all the cool apps I've downloaded be erased? That is what I am trying to avoid...but I want my gmail inaccessible on the S2.

3. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

What your girlfriend will need to do is download the same apps on the device using her own google account.

GarTheConquer likes this.
  4. GarTheConquer

GarTheConquer Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    Oh ok. She is smartphone illiterate so I guess I'll have some app downloading to do! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the confirmation!