• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help! Deleted Google Talk!

Adamson89

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Okay so I rooted my xperia x10 mini pro and used titanium to get rid of all the apps that were annoying me that I would never use, Google Talk was one of these. However, after doing this none of my apps download in market place, I later found that the app market and various other services depend on Google Talk.

I searched and found the apk files for Google talk, however, when I went to install them I was greeted with the message 'Google.talk.apk could not be installed on this phone'. I tried resetting my phone to factory settings but that didn't work as google talk did not install as I must have permanently deleted it.

Please please please could someone help me out here? There isn't much point in having an android phone that can't access the android market, I know I'm an idiot for deleting things I wasn't sure of but can someone please help?

UPDATE: Okay I'm in even more of a pickle than I initially thought, as I reset my phone I no longer have a file manager, and of course I can't download a file manager as android market doesn't work. Is there any way round this at all? I'm really in a jam here, is there a way round this at all? Any help at all will be much appreciated.

SOLVED: Just had to use the PC companion to wipe my phone of the software it had

Reactions: MsPwettie

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones