1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help!!!Erased app but number still blocked!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lhardiman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lhardiman

lhardiman Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    I have a Cricket ZTE Score, model number X500, Android version 2.3.4 and I downloaded two apps- Mr.Number and Calls Blacklist from Vlad Lee. Both worked great, but once I deleted the apps, the numbers are still blocked. I unblocked them before deleting the apps, but when I could not get it to work, I deleted the apps off my phone and the numbers are still blocked. What can I erase on my phone to get the numbers unblocked? I've been trying to get those numbers to be able to call me for almost 6 months...even changed my number and it's still blocked!

What can I do? :thinking:

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. syi

syi Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    I dont do shit
    oregon
    there's most likely a residual file made by the apps left on your phone. try finding it. if all else fails, call cricket. you might have to wipe EVERHTHING

3. alicemenezes

alicemenezes Member
    None

Gosh .....is that true? I just installed Mr. Number and Call blocker today and was going to get started with it without a second thought. but I just thought I'd do it at the end of the day probably. And now I came across this. I uninstalled call blocker as becoz it kept popping up in my notification bar. Any one else had this problem? Should I do it or not now..??

4. lhardiman

lhardiman Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you SYI! How would I go about finding this file?

alicemenezes- just be careful...I only had it on there for a week before I deleted it. Maybe it's because it's a cricket phone...

5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome
    None

OP, is quite common for apps to be written in such a way that any files/databases created by the app (like a list of blacklisted numbers) to be offloaded to your SD card. You can install a file browser (if you don't have one already) to poke around and see what file was "left behind" after you deleted the app; many times they're named after the developer, so try checking out their page on Google Play to see if any of the file names match the dev name. If you find it, delete it and see if that helps. If it doesn't (or you can't find it), try emailing the devs for help. Their email addresses are also found on their pages in Google Play.

El Presidente likes this.
  6. syi

syi Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    I dont do shit
    oregon
    for future reference, thoroughly check to see which rights an app needs. if you can't justify an app needing root rights, network rights or any other really. don't install and instead email the dev and ask why the app needs one. obviously this app would need network rights to block calls. a file explorer would need sd rights.