• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help, Galaxy J4 Touch screen problem

titeuf15

May 14, 2015
Hello,

I have a Galaxy J4 on which appeared to me a touch problem (it is no longer guaranteed). The part that does not work is just the one above the buttons so that when I want to write a message or switch languages on the keyboard or "close everything" does not work. About 5 millimeters above the keys does not work.

The solutions that I could find are: the rotation of the screen or use the phone with one hand (press the home button 3 times) ... but all this is disturbing.

The other solution that makes things a little easier is to install a navigation bar above the physical buttons (which I will not use) .. just to shift the display up .. but all those that I have tried do not solve the problem as the display stays under the installed bar.

If there is a solution to shift the display just 5 milimeters above the keys .. I will be a taker.

Thank you.

It could be the bottom of the dizitalizer that stops working, some people managed to fix this issue using a piece of piezo from a lighter. Take a look at YouTube for guide, a lot of them confirmed that it worked.

Hello friends

The good news is that it works with the lighter and the piezoelectric discharge ... the screen works entirely and very well.

Thank you very much IVT for the tip.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones