• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP - Galaxy S3 Displays lines on boot

Skez0

Lurker
Jul 5, 2013
This is what I see every time I boot up my S3:

b9ixwz.jpg

I have replaced the LCD so it is NOT a hardware issue.

I can't wipe the phone since I cannot access the command menu (or whatever it is called when you hold down the home, volume up and power buttons.)

It was working perfectly last night. I turned it off and the next day when I turned it on this was shown. It was not dropped and there is no water damage.

Samsung screwed me over. I sent the phone to them and when they said it was not under warranty I agreed to pay the price and sent the mail back.

I then received my phone a week later saying I had not accepted the repair price.

Please help. I am sick of having no social life for a month...

Am i understanding this right? You had this problem with the display, payed samsung to replace it and it still isnt fixed?
Do you have an HDMI cable to plug the phone into a tv?

After I sent the phone for repair Samsung sent me mail. It started that the damage was not covered under warranty and that I could agree to pay for the repair or pay for the phone to get sent back to me.

There were no instructions at all. I ticked the box which stated that I would agree to pay and sent the mail back. I thought that they would send me a bill with the phone or something?

Was I just supposed to stuff some cash in the envelope?

So a week later I received my phone in the exact same condition. Two weeks wasted.

I do not have a USB to HDMI cable. Thanks for the advice though.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Understood man. Id try samsung again because maybe it isnt the display unit thats the problem. If you pay samsung to fix it then they have to send it back in working order. Maybe try ringing them and sort out how the payment will work. Good luck :beer:

P.s have you tried getting it into download mode? That should be fairly easy without the display. Then try reflashing the firmware

Upvote 0
Understood man. Id try samsung again because maybe it isnt the display unit thats the problem. If you pay samsung to fix it then they have to send it back in working order. Maybe try ringing them and sort out how the payment will work. Good luck :beer:

P.s have you tried getting it into download mode? That should be fairly easy without the display. Then try reflashing the firmware

I think I have gotten it into download mode. Even without seeing anything. How do I re-flash the filmware?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones