• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Please HELP! How can i move cursor in on-screen keyboard with external keyboard?

sjor

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
Hi there all. I am new in Android and i am working to make an on-screen keyboard which can be visitable via arrow(direction) keys of my external keyboard. I mean i wanna move left, right, up and down in the on-screen keyboard's UI (keys) with pressing arrow keys from my external(hardware) keyboard. The key that cursor is on should be focused, when i press an arrow key from my external keyboard the focused key should change and when i press "enter" from my external keyboard it should be operated.(written to the screen etc.) How can i make this? Is there any idea? How can i make virtual keyboard's keys visitable? It doesn't look like moving around a matrix of buttons. Please, help me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones