• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help - how do i get my contacts on to my gmail account

If I'm correct with the Hero it automatically syncs to your Gmail account , First make sure it is set to sync

Go to Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Make sure background data , Auto-sync and contacts etc are ticked.

Now go to Gmail on your PC , Go to contacts and you should see they have already Synced :)

Carl C ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that guys,

I think the problem is - that when i set up my contact list i selected phone - out of sim,google,phone - i should have picked google

I just tested it - i.e i selected google and did what Carl said and it did work. i set up a new contact - selected google when prompted with the three options the sync it - and my contact appeared in my gmail account

Still in a pickle as i have set up most of my contacts as phone - is there a quick way of changing these over?

Upvote 0
Still in a pickle as i have set up most of my contacts as phone - is there a quick way of changing these over?
I think that this is my problem as well. Of all the threads discussing phone/Gmail contacts sync this seems to fit me best.

I initially synced my new Hero with my netbook's MS Outlook (using HTC Sync) to get all my contacts on to the phone - sucess. The 'groups' I used in Outlook were carried across to the phone - sucess. The groups even now appear in my Gmail contacts list - sucess ....... but there are no contacts there.

Is there a way to change 'Phone' contacts into 'Gmail' contacts

Any help gratefully appreciated, Dave B.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones